Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the promotion of events through avenues such as social media, email marketing, and physical mailings.
- Serve as a resource for information to members regarding Chamber events. Respond timely to questions to ensure a high level of member satisfaction.
- Understand and stay current with Chamber products, services and programming.
- Occasionally assist at Chamber events, which may include setup, guest registration, event management, and break down.
- Outreach to potential vendors, to assist in the creation of a high impact event.
- Provide general administrative support, including attendee, vendor and sponsor registration, and maintaining an accurate event database.
- Assist in the organization and storage of event materials, such as decorative items, displays, tablecloths, centerpieces, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (but not required) with a minimum of one to three (1-3) years of experience in event planning, client relations or similar experience.
- Computer proficiencies in Windows, MS Office - including Outlook, Word and Excel – as well as database management
- Well versed with social media, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals in person, on the telephone and in writing.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to consistently meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Strategic thinker with creativity and innovation.
- Able to lift 35 pounds.
- A self-starter who can work both independently and as part of a team.
The Events Associate works in a typical office environment; however, the Events Associate may need to set up for and attend Chamber events or related outside meetings/events on behalf of the Chamber. This position is a part time position, reporting directly to the Director of Events, requiring up to 24 hours a week.
The Chamber offers its employees a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and the names/contact info of three professional references to Jaimie Watts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The New Castle County Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.