32nd Annual Women's Leadership Conference- Arrive & Thrive as a Leader
THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT!!
Join us on November 17, 2022 for New Castle County Chamber of Commerce's
32nd Annual Women's Leadership Conference: Arrive & Thrive as a Leader.
The Women's Leadership Conference provides a forum in which women in all levels of business can connect with resources, including all educational and business opportunities, that inspire them to achieve success in professional and personal goals. This year's conference, Arrive and Thrive as a Leader, focuses on work life balance, how your worst situation can become your best, how to continue to thrive and much more!
This event includes: Workshops, Exhibitors, Keynote Speaker, Awards and More!
Featuring: Keynote Speaker Paula Swain, EVP, Human Resources for Incyte
Registration/ Breakfast/ Networking/Exhibitors: 9AM-10AM
Workshops: 10AM-12PM please choose (1) 10AM workshop and (1) 11AM workshop
- Workshop 1: Networking for Success: 10AM-10:45AM Networking is an art. Whether introverted or extroverted, new to the workforce or experienced, you can master skills that inspire successful and meaningful connections.
- Speaker: Kristin Knowlton-Business Development Manager, Brandywine Technology
- Moderator: Sara Crawford- Program Director; The Women’s Business Center at True Access Capital
- Workshop 2: You're in Charge, Now What?: 10AM-10:45AM You’re at the top professionally, so what’s next? Plenty! Learn tips to avoid becoming stagnant in your career.
- Speaker: Colleen Keith- President, Goldey-Beacom College
- Interviewer/ Moderator: Dr. Traci Currie- Youth Program Coordinator, Urban Pike Project
- Workshop 3: Overcoming Ageism in the Workplace: 10AM-10:45AM This workshop will focus on the generation gap and its effect on the workplace. The key is to respect women of all ages and levels of experience to create rich and productive environments.
- Jaye Addy: Executive Recruiting Consultant, G.A Rodgers & Associates.
- JoLinda Agnew: Certified Professional Coach, Just JoLinda
- Raychel Shannon: Owner/ Sports Nutrition & Recovery Specialist, 3&D Sports Performance
- Dr. Maria Hess: Assistant VP, Executive Communications- Wilmington University
- Moderator- Jeanne Kress: Sales Manager, NCCCC
- Workshop 4: Work/Life Balance: The Real Deal: 11AM-11:45AM Hear from intergenerational women as they discuss how to balance life and work in these interesting times. This insightful panel discussion will discuss topics like setting boundaries, self-sufficiency, and over-commitment.
- Yolanda Curtis- Executive Director/ CEO, Girls Inc. of Delaware
- Diliana Henry: CEO, BrightBloom Center
- Troy Farmer: Director - The Garage Maker Space for Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Dr. Tina Barksdale: VP Student Affairs, Alumni Relations & Development- Wilmington University
- Moderator: Carol Arnott-Robbins; News4Women
- Workshop 5: Your Best Worst: 11AM-11:45AM We generally learn from our mistakes, which is why the worst situations are often learning opportunities. Learn how managing your “worst” can lead to your best self.
- Ellyn Herbert: Economic Development Specialist, SB
- Kim Gomes: Partner, ByrdGomes
- Jaimie Watts; Chief of Operations; Leadership Delaware
Lunch/ Keynote/Awards: 12PM-2PM
Networking Reception/ Exhibitors: 2PM-3PM
Congratulations to our Award Winners! Each of these phenomenal women will be honored during the lunch portion of the conference.