Delaware Bio is a dynamic, member focused organization with at mission of maximizing the success of the bioscience industry in DE. The successful candidate for this role will be a key team member responsible for supporting the President, Marketing Manager, Event Manager and Public Policy Advocate by providing administrative support. Delaware Bio runs 20 events a year, so this candidate will be highly engaged with event support. Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a minimum of two years of administrative assistant experience including logistics for events. We are looking for a multi-tasker who would describe themselves as creative, motivated and quick on their feet.
- Manages logistics for Board meetings, supports President with preparation of the agenda and keeps meeting notes.
- Coordinates the Annual Members meeting.
- Participates on event planning committees as needed to coordinate meeting logistics and take meeting notes and action items. Follows up on action items for team reporting.
- Tracks team calendar and vacation days.
- Arranges for travel plans for leadership events.
- Manages monthly member billing and monitors payments.
- Provides logistical support for events as directed by the Events Manager.
- Is available to welcome members and provide logistical support needed at events and on the phone.
- Coordinates scheduling with staffers of Governor and Delaware’s Congressional delegation for public policy events.
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience as an administrative assistant
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to have a flexible schedule around events
- Proficient with MS office, Constant Contact or other e-mail automation system, Adobe Creative Suite and project planning tools.
- Experience with scientific or healthcare events is a plus.