We are currently seeking a highly organized Member Relations Associate with strong communications skills to manage Chamber membership accounts, build strong relationships with members, develop and execute member communications plans and campaigns and support members’ use of marketing resources and opportunities with the ultimate goal of retaining memberships for the Chamber.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with the Chamber team to establish goals for member engagement, member communications (including social media), membership retention, event assistance, member event attendance and member professional development opportunities.
- Develop member engagement plans. Manage the members’ experience by designing and implementing a high-touch plan which will consist of pre-planned interactions with members that include phone calls, emails, face-to-face dialogue, surveys, focus groups and event attendance to maintain consistent communications, engage members in Chamber activities and achieve membership retention.
- Serve as a resource for information to members regarding Chamber benefits, marketing resources, opportunities, discounts etc. Respond timely to questions and provide assistance to ensure a high level of member satisfaction.
- Track members experiences, relevant affiliations and keep member data current via the Chamber member database.
- Facilitate the on-boarding of new members and renewal of assigned first year memberships.
- Assist with collection of annual dues.
- Market Chamber products and services including event tickets, exhibit booths, ribbon cuttings and discount programs.
- Understand and stay current with Chamber products, services and/or programming.
- Identify trends and solicit input from members to provide ideas for new products, services and/or programming that address member needs, increase retention and/or cultivate new sponsors.
- Attend Chamber events and other relevant events to network and make introductions.
- Assist at Chamber events which may include guest registration, seating, escorting and material display etc. (before, during and after regular business hours)
Job Specifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (but not required) with a minimum of one to five (1-5) years of experience in account management, client relations or similar experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals in person, on the telephone and in writing.
- Knowledge of Delaware and its business community and experience in interacting with this market is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to consistently meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Strategic thinker with creativity and innovation.
- A self-starter who is able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Computer proficiencies in Windows, MS Office - including Outlook, Word and Excel.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands
The Member Relations Associate works in a typical office environment. On a standard work day, the majority of time is spent sitting at a desk, using the computer and speaking on the phone. However, on a regular basis, the Member Relations Associate will be required to attend Chamber events or related outside meetings/events on behalf of the Chamber. These meetings/events may take place outside of regular business hours.
The Chamber offers its employees a dynamic, fast-paced environment with competitive salaries and excellent benefits package. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and the names/contact info of three professional references to Barbara Weiss at email@example.com. Applications that fail to include this information will not be considered.
The New Castle County Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.