Membership Sales Representative
The New Castle County Chamber of Commerce is looking for a Membership Sales Representative to join our team. Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for selling Chamber memberships to prospective non-member businesses.
- Base Salary Plus Commission
- Vacation, sick days and paid holidays
- Contact, acquire, and sell new Chamber memberships
- Schedule appointments and personal visits with prospects
- Maintain a pipeline report that is updated on a weekly basis
- Achieve budgeted revenue goals
- Actively seeks out new businesses and follows up appropriately
- Maintains knowledge of goals, objectives, and services provided by the organization
- Actively support and participate in Chamber events and programs
- Encourages participation and retention in the Chamber
- Strong organization, time management, and multi-tasking skills, detail oriented
- Two to five years of professional sales experience.
- An understanding of the sales cycle, including the ability to develop opportunities, overcome objections, and follow-through.
- Strong sales-oriented personality with outgoing and professional manner
- High energy self-starter
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Must have/maintain a dependable vehicle with proof of license and insurance
- Ability to prospect/cold-call new businesses.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Capable of maintaining sensitive/confidential information
- Must be a team player that works well in a changing environment
- Must have the ability to foster the values of member relations
- Bachelor's degree (preferred)
- Sales: 2 to 5 years
Please send a letter of interest, your resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org