Last week, Delaware’s Joint Finance Committee (JFC) cut funding to the Greater Wilmington Convention & Visitors Bureau (GWCVB) by 100% - effectively shutting us down on June 30, 2017.
The GWCVB, along with CVBs from Kent and Sussex counties assist in bringing in over $4 billion annually to the State in visitor spending, with over $2 billion of that spent right here in New Castle County. The GWCVB is also the only organization exclusively marketing and promoting New Castle County attractions, lodging, restaurants, retail shopping, and services to visitors.
We need you to take immediate action to help us stay in business by writing or calling Delaware legislators, including members of the JFC and your home district representatives to demonstrate all the GWCVB does for the State, New Castle County and your organization.
To make this as easy as possible, we have attached to this email a letter you can personalize, as well as additional supporting documents you can attach to any email you send. Finally, we have also provided names and email addresses for each member of the JFC and links for finding your home district representative.
• Melanie George Smith (New Castle County) - Melanie.G.Smith@state.de.us
• Harris B. McDowell (New Castle County) - Harris.McDowell@state.de.us
• Brian J. Bushweller - Brian.Bushweller@state.de.us
• Bruce C. Ennis - Bruce.Ennis@state.de.us
• Nicole Poore (New Castle County) - Nicole.Poore@state.de.us
• Catherine Cloutier (New Castle County) - Catherine.Cloutier@state.de.us
• Dave G. Lawson - Dave.Lawson@state.de.us
• James Johnson (New Castle County) - JJ.Johnson@state.de.us
• Debra Heffernan (New Castle County) - Debra.Heffernan@state.de.us
• William J. Carson - William.Carson@state.de.us
• Michael Ramone(New Castle County) - Michael.Ramone@state.de.us
• Harvey R. Kenton - Harvey.Kenton@state.de.us
If you know, who your Senator is, you can get his/her contact information here.
If you know who your House Rep is, you can get his/her contact information here.
If you don’t know who your Senator is, you can get his/her contact information here.
If you don’t know who your House Rep is, you can get his/her contact information here.
It is crucial that we work together quickly and in full force to alert legislators of the importance of the work that the Greater Wilmington Convention & Visitors Bureau does for the State, New Castle County and your business or organization.
The Joint Finance Committee could make a decision as early as June 19th, so time is of the essence. Please help us build momentum and keep the Greater Wilmington Convention & Visitors Bureau working for you by contacting your legislators today.
Finally, I ask that you please CC swilloughby@VisitWilmingtonDE.
Please share with your colleagues. Thank you for your continued support!