On November 16th , 17th & 18th we are setting up a camp site in Newport (same field we host our 5K and lot across the street from James Street Tavern). 2 Nights and 3 Days.
The end goal is to raise money for brand new coats (in partnership with Operation Warm) for 1,100 elementary children in Newport. In Newport, sadly, 71% of them live AT or BELOW the poverty line. This is 3 x’s the national average and no one realizes this. The following week, on November 24th, we will distribute the coats at Richey Elementary School. Brand new coats will help with Self-Confidence, Peer Acceptance, Overall Wellness, Increased School Attendance and a Better Future. It’s more than a coat.
Each camper will receive a donation link to send to their friends, family and colleagues. If you camp for one night (7pm – 7am) you’ll be responsible for raising $300. If you camp for two nights, $600. Camping for the full entirety, consecutively, $800 (3 Days + 2 Nights) Though any amount is appreciated. The idea of bringing the community together, hunkering down and camping out for the kids in the same town is what it’s all about.
The Camp Site will Feature:
- Daily Meals from the Campout Grill
- Essentials (Snacks, First Aid Kits, etc.)
- Fire-Side Chat’s with local community members, leaders and officials
- Fire-Side Acoustic Music
- Yard Games (horseshoes, baggo, etc.)
- Hot Chocolate and S’mores Happy Hour
- Bonfires at Night
- All campers will receive a complimentary KIDS Campout T-Shirt
- Cabela’s will be providing tents (depending on numbers of campers we attract).
Kids 10 and over are welcome to attend with adult supervision.