Cutting Edge: FinTech Investor Ready Innovation Showcase
Date and Time
Wednesday Mar 29, 2023
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM EDT
New Castle County Chamber of Commerce
Emerging Enterprise Center
920 Justison Street,
Wilmington, Delaware 19801
Come see up-and-coming fintech and banking industry startups compete for the highest investment at the Cutting Edge: Fintech Investor Ready Innovation Showcase that brings together investors, industry experts, founders, and you to get a glimpse at the future of finance.
As part of the showcase, participating startups will be given 5-minutes to pitch to fintech experts who will have the chance to invest one million “fake” dollars into the startups of their choice. The startup with the most investment will win a promotion prize package. This investment contest will provide startups with the opportunity to gain exposure and connect with potential investors and customers, while also providing investors with the chance to get in on the ground floor of the next big thing in fintech.
Enjoy drinks and hors d'oeuvrse while you network.
4:00 p.m. Presentation by UD’s Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Assistant Professor, Nektarios Georgios Tsoutsos on Mobile Identification Application in Development for Banking and Notary Services
4:30 p.m. Pitches by Local Financial Startups
- Beeline provides easy-to-use, practical, and impactful tools to help you accelerate paying down your loans, and shorten your Time-To-ZeroTM.
- Exuity lets property owners sell a fraction of their properties’ value to passive investors who compete via auction to charge the lowest "yield"
- FundingFuel helps small businesses like yours scale up to $5m+ in revenue by matching you with like-minded investors, buyers, lenders, or partners with relevant experience that can provide capital, mentorship, and introductions. Get started for free.
- NESTER is the first-ever tool to determine how much a home will really cost you. Avoid the #1 regret of homeowners – the unexpected costs of maintenance and repairs.
- SmartCard Marketing Systems Inc (OTC:SMKG) an Industry leader in specialized Industry cloud and mobility applications to the global Paytech and Fintech markets. The company an entrepreneurial boutique providing commercial strategies with a proprietary portfolio of applications and wireframes for Banking, Retail E-Wallets, Digital ID-EKYC, Digital Workforce, Events Management and Ride Booking industries.
- SnapRefund gives your insureds multiple payout options via a simple email link. Turn claim payments into a competitive advantage.
- Walkthrough is financial advice like you haven't seen before. We help you find the next best step in your financial journey, actually teach you why what you're doing is important, and give you all the tools you need to take action.
5:45 p.m. Winner Announced
Don't miss out on this exciting opportunity to connect with industry experts, meet new colleagues, and discover the most promising fintech startups of the future!
Winner's Prize Package:
Complimentary New Castle County Chamber of Commerce membership with enhanced marketing package
Spotlight in one of the Chamber’s member enewsletters
Social media spotlight
Complimentary Chamber event program advertisements
And more to come!
- Martin Hunt, Managing General Partner, Swanlaab USA Ventures
- David Liss, Managing Member, Delaware Idea Club Investments
- Robert Herrera, Founder of The Mill
- Greg Plum, Tech Forum
- Michael Bowman, President and CEO, Delaware Technology Park, Inc
- Charuni Patibanda, Director of Economic Development, New Castle County
- Stephanie Johnni, Executive Director, Pete du Pont Freedom Foundation
- Mike Profit, President of SCORE Delaware and Financial Advisor
- Gideon Umile, Goldman Sachs' 10,000 Small Businesses
- Anthony George, Analyst, Ben Franklin Technology Partners
- More to come!