Legislative Update, Monday, August 29, 2022
Primary Election Day is Tuesday, September 13
Primary Election Day is Tuesday, September 13. Polls will be open from 7:00AM to 8:00 PM. There are a number of key races on the ballot, the Chamber encourages our members to cast their vote! Delaware is a closed primary state. That means that only registered Democrats may vote in Democratic primary races, only registered Republicans may vote in Republican primary races, etc.
- Eligible individuals who are not yet registered to vote may register at their polling place and vote that day. For more information on voter registration, visit https://elections.delaware.gov/voter/votereg.shtml.
- A list of candidates on the primary ballot can be found at https://elections.delaware.gov/services/candidate/prim_fcddt_2022.shtml.
- To find out who your House and Senate members are, visit https://legis.delaware.gov/FindMyLegislator?search=.
- To find out where your polling place is (with a link to determine in what districts you reside), visit https://gis.elections.delaware.gov.
- For more information on casting an absentee ballot, visit https://elections.delaware.gov/services/voter/absentee/index.shtml.
- The early voting period begins on August 31 and continues through September 11. Early votes can be cast at early voting sites in each county.
- More information on early voting, including locations and hours, can be found at the following link: https://elections.delaware.gov/information/elections/votinglocations.shtml#ev-sites
The contact information for the New Castle County office of the State Department of Elections is:
Department of Elections: New Castle County Office
- County Director: Tracey N. Dixon
- County Deputy Director: David Gilefski
- Office Address: Carvel State Office Building, 820 North French St Suite 400, Wilmington, DE 19801
- Mailing Address: PO BOX 7079, Wilmington, DE 19803-0079
Fax: (302) 577-6545
Email (General Info): email@example.com
Email (Absentee Voting): firstname.lastname@example.org
Email (Working at the Polls): email@example.com